greylisting after smtp_auth

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
kain
Forum User
Forum User

greylisting after smtp_auth

Unread post by kain »

hi everyone,
I'm suing ARTs packages on a fedora box and plesk from quite some time now, but in the latest month emerged a number of users that would like to send mails through our smtp server via a mobile connection.

as you know mobile providers tends to assign a dynamic ip per connection made, thus giving me some headache because greylist finds a lot of ip addresses.

granted I can ask them to keep their outgoing mail in the folder and the mail client will try (in most cases) to resend the email, but usually they can't keep themselves connected, and the next connection, with the mail still outgoing, has another ip address, rendering invalid the attempt.

is there a way to bypass greylist (not other measures) to authenticated smtp users?

thanks.
biggles
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: greylisting after smtp_auth

Unread post by biggles »

Using Spamdyke is one way. When you set up Spamdyke you can make it bypass all Spamdyke checks for SMTP authenticated users.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

The other option is to enable the submission port (587), and not have graylisting on that port.

Faris.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
exi1ed0ne
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by exi1ed0ne »

What you are looking for can be accomplished by remove greylisting from the /etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa - just delete "/var/qmail/bin/greylist" from the server_args section.
-Andy