SPAM Score too High

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
linuxland
Forum User
Forum User

SPAM Score too High

Unread post by linuxland »

Hi,

Spamassassin is marking my emails with a score of 8 and I am only sending a simple text message form my comcast account.

also, how can I remove the spam tagging from the Subject line?

Thx
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: SPAM Score too High

Unread post by Galactic Zero »

In the local.cf you can remove the subject line insertion. I think there may also be one to check in qmail-scanner.ini. Other than that can't say where you'd have to go to turn it off.

As for scoring your email 8+, you are putting a subject line in yes? I'm running at 4 with a delta of 1, quar at +2 and delete at +4 and all legit emails are getting through, or at least I've not had anyone complain that they are not receiving emails that they should be getting.
Franklyn Halamka
Still learning my way around Linux Security.
http://www.galacticzero.net
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

keep in mind that if your SA install scores it at 8, everyone else in the world will probably score it at 8 too. Dunno about the rest of the folks out there, but I delete at 7 and tag at 4.
mikeshinn

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Spamassassin is marking my emails with a score of 8 and I am only sending a simple text message form my comcast account.
Depending on how you are sending, that may be because comcast doesnt want you to send email directly to anything - but rather thru their servers. They may list their IP ranges as "should not be sending email" - so as Scott said, if SA is tagging your email messages at 8 - then everyone else in the world will probably do so as well, so you may want to look into exactly which rule sets are firing otherwise no one may get your emails either.