urgent help please -- clamd/qmail-scanner user

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

urgent help please -- clamd/qmail-scanner user

Unread post by faris »

I've lost it -- sorry for bleating for urgent help. Slight panic, can't remember what to do:

in /etc/clamd.conf and /etc/freshclam.conf the user/database owner is usually "root" when you have asl installed.

These files get created via a template in /var/asl/data/templates/template-freshclam|clamd.conf

For both user an database owner, there's a @@USER@@ placeholder.

Where the heck does that @@USER@@ data come from? On one of my systems, it has become qscand when it should be root, and this is causing problems as the owner of the logs, tmp and so on is going wrong and I'm having lots of problems.

I've had a look in /etc/asl/config but I can't find anything obvious.

It appears to be fine on another system, with everyting owned by root.

Heeeeeelp :-)

Thanks,

Faris.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: urgent help please -- clamd/qmail-scanner user

Unread post by faris »

OK.... this has mysteriously resolved itself. we are back to root after yet another asl -s -f

I'm mystified as to how this happened unless I somehow forgot to asl -s -f after upgrading clamd just now, but even so, that template file usually gets copied accross automatically every 5 minutes or so?

/var/log/clamav contents now owned by root as well (it was qscand as per the incorrectly set user in clamd)

I note that my clamd.conf was not overwritten during the clamd update. So I'm really mystified by all this.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: urgent help please -- clamd/qmail-scanner user

Unread post by scott »

As I recall there are rpm triggers that also would have touched it.