Atomic Scanner configuration

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
ghazlewood
Forum User
Forum User

Atomic Scanner configuration

Unread post by ghazlewood »

Just had a wierd issue on a server upgraded from 9.5.4 to 11.0.9 recently. Am using Atomic Scanner which runs a job overnight to calculate the amount of spam and ham etc with /var/asl/bin/data-generate.php and due to the date.timezone setting missing from the Plesk PHP config this cronjob generated a 750mb email at 5am this morning! :)

The email was full of PHP errors about the date.timezone not being set...

Scott or Mike, any thoughts on this? I'm not sure if I should even be using Atomic Scanner any more?
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: Atomic Scanner configuration

Unread post by breun »

Since PHP 5.3 date.timezone should be set or you'll get errors like these. http://nl.php.net/manual/en/migration53 ... -other.php says: "The TZ environment variable is no longer used to guess the timezone". You can set the timezone globally in /etc/php.ini and override it for specific domains/folders/scripts.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
ghazlewood
Forum User
Forum User

Thank breun, I know this was a requirement for 5.3 but it seems strange that the setting is left out of the Plesk php.ini if it is so important, unless they suppress this in their own use of the binary? Just wanted to see if anyone had encountered similar or if it would cause problems (or be overwritten) in adding it to the Plesk php.ini manually.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

I'm not that familiar with Atomic Scanner, but is this cronjob indeed run using Plesk's PHP instead of the 'regular' one (using /etc/php.ini)?
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
ghazlewood
Forum User
Forum User

Yup!