IP address gets a question mark from smtproutes

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
phoenixisp
Forum User
Forum User

IP address gets a question mark from smtproutes

Unread post by phoenixisp »

Greetings,

I have a fresh install of project gamera on a dedicated box. Everything seems to be fine - except...

When checking the logs no mail is being sent due to a question mark being placed like this:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?

It is happening on every domain. Any ideas gentlemen?

TIA,

Sonny
Sonny
phoenixisp
Forum User
Forum User

Re: IP address gets a question mark from smtproutes

I have Centos 5.9 installed and still can't find the problem. When trying things it doesn't matter what I enter in the smtproutes file it adds a '?' on the end. I have tired IP adresses as well as host names.
Sonny
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

what are you editing the file with? maybe its sticking some non-printable character in there
phoenixisp
Forum User
Forum User

While I was doing the install I wrote the smtproutes file in notepad, then just uploaded it. Should I recreate it using the server?
Sonny
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

don't use notepad!!!!!! It adds all sorts of nasty invisible characters.

If you want a "real" text editor for windoze, use "notepad++" (just goole for it).

Otherwise, yes, edit on the server itself.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
phoenixisp
Forum User
Forum User

Okay, I redid the smtproutes file and have a different issue. Now ALL outgoing emails are sitting in the queue. Nothing goes out and all I see in the /var/log/qmail/current file is unable_to_chdir_to_maildir._(#4.2.1)/

Would this be the problem?

Maybe a permissions/ownership problem?
Sonny
phoenixisp
Forum User
Forum User

I now have over 70 emails in the queue and they won't leave. It seems that I may have to do a re-install of the whole shebang - so if I uninstall qmail what happens to the messages in the queue?

I have been searching for a day and a half for a list of owners/permissions needed to make this work. I feel that it is probably an ownership problem. I went through this a while back but didn't keep any notes.

Please, I am open to suggestions and really need some help. My clients are starting to circle the building.

Thanks,

Sonny
Sonny