Clamav with Postfix?

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
lfenison
Forum User
Forum User

Clamav with Postfix?

Unread post by lfenison »

I just switched from qmail to postfix and I am finding many methods to use clamav with postfix but was wondering which is the BEST method.

Amavis, clapf, or other...

I don't want it to do any spam checking, plesk's method is what I am use to, I only want clamav scanning.

I attempted clapf but due to lack of documentation, connecting clapf to postfix was impossible.
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Clamav with Postfix?

Unread post by prupert »

Amavisd-new is well documented and the software and all requirements are packaged by EPEL. You need to do a little manual configuration, which can simply be automated using a config management tool such as Ansible.

We use Postfix with Amavisd-new exclusively on all Plesk 12 / CentOS 7 machines.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
lfenison
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by lfenison »

prupert wrote:Amavisd-new is well documented and the software and all requirements are packaged by EPEL. You need to do a little manual configuration, which can simply be automated using a config management tool such as Ansible.

We use Postfix with Amavisd-new exclusively on all Plesk 12 / CentOS 7 machines.
Thanks for the info. I installed amavis-new and had it up and running in minutes. Its doing the job perfectly.
octet
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by octet »

I've used this link, works quite well here:

https://blog.tinned-software.net/setup- ... h-postfix/