freschclam can't get updates - mirrors out of sync?

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

freschclam can't get updates - mirrors out of sync?

Unread post by faris »

For the past 24 hours, all our systems have had problems getting updated signatures.

cron keeps sending me messages saying "ERROR: getpatch: Can't download daily-[whatever].cdiff from database.clamav.net".

On investigating, pretty much all the clamav mirrors seemed to have been blacklisted by freshclam, so I deleted the mirror file and things improved. At least I was able to get the "daily" updates.

However, it looks like some/all mirrors are not in synch .... or something, and I can't get the safebrowsing file.

When freshclam tries to download safebrowsing, I end up with "WARNING: Mirror [IP] is not synchronized" over and over (IP changes -- trying different mirrors).

Googling doesn't bring up millions of messages in mailing lists or forums moaning about this issue, so I'm wondering what's going on. It can't be just me. Not on multiple machines.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: freschclam can't get updates - mirrors out of sync?

Unread post by faris »

The issue eventually went away on most of my systems.

But it persisted in one of them until I again deleted the mirrors.dat file and ran freshclam again, at which point it was totally happy again.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>