god damnit apache permissions

Requests for RPMS, or new coding projects related to server administration, Plesk, security, or anything else you can think of.
lafactory.com
Forum User
Forum User

god damnit apache permissions

Unread post by lafactory.com »

I give up, I can pay (paypal). I need a solution about apache permissions in joomla with centos5/plesk 8.2. I can't even install joomla 1.5
I tried suphp, "loading datebase driver error". I reformated. again.
another solution would be to give to apache all the rights he wants on vhosts. I guess.
Right now, I'm crying.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

I went through that the other day too. Ran into some weird bug with the SQL piece and ended up having to do a lot of it manually. This is a total scary hack, but try making it all owned by apache.
lafactory.com
Forum User
Forum User

scott wrote:I went through that the other day too. Ran into some weird bug with the SQL piece and ended up having to do a lot of it manually. This is a total scary hack, but try making it all owned by apache.
it should be done in real time, chown is not enough. not exactly secured but I don't see another solution, how may I do that ? :oops:
scott

Unread post by scott »

Ya got me, that was the extent of the 30 seconds I could put into it. I did get it working by doing that (and hacking the sql in manually).
lafactory.com
Forum User
Forum User

scott wrote:Ya got me, that was the extent of the 30 seconds I could put into it. I did get it working by doing that (and hacking the sql in manually).
I think suphp would work. an rpm or step by step instruction would save many lifes from the asylum. we would not have this problem with cpanel after all. I dropped the gantlet, please take it :twisted:
anyway, I will try a cron with chmod and chown, and importing my sql (only 40MB) manually
:roll:
scott

Unread post by scott »

Short term, suphp is in fedora-extras and/or f7+, you could backport it to other distros with minimal hassle.

It is on the feature candidate list for ASL 2.2, so once 2.0 goes gold we'll start investigating how we're going to integrate it with Plesk.
lafactory.com
Forum User
Forum User

scott wrote:Short term, suphp is in fedora-extras and/or f7+, you could backport it to other distros with minimal hassle.

It is on the feature candidate list for ASL 2.2, so once 2.0 goes gold we'll start investigating how we're going to integrate it with Plesk.
I'm not good enough. and anyway the most difficult part is plesk compatibility, not just installing suphp . but if you integrate it with plesk in asl, you are my hero. do you have an rpm or autoinstall from the command line for centos 5/plesk 8.2 ? I wanted to put asl 2 on my server. is the beta version stable enough ?
scott

Unread post by scott »

Yeah theres an installer, if you've used atomic.sh before its pretty similar. Its very stable, with beta2 almost completely out the door (we're down to the web gui), and beta3 in probably 2-3 weeks.