Php 5.3.0

Requests for RPMS, or new coding projects related to server administration, Plesk, security, or anything else you can think of.
brendanr
Forum User
Forum User

Php 5.3.0

Unread post by brendanr »

Hi Scott,

Just wondering if and when you'll be ready for PHP 5.3.0 in the stable repository?

I actually need to use late static binding in a current project which is available from 5.3.

Cheers,
Brendan
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Php 5.3.0

Unread post by Highland »

Considering 5.2.10 isn't even out in the stable channel yet it's going to be a bit. Keep in mind that there's a reason why things go bleeding -> testing -> live

There's nothing to stop you from installing bleeding or testing on a live box, tho. It's just not been road tested.
"Its not a mac. I run linux... I'm actually cool." - scott
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

Ive done some tests with 5.3, and some core stuff (zend, ioncube) hasn't caught up yet. We can't push into [atomic] until those things are available.
brendanr
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by brendanr »

thx guys, I've figured a way around using late static binding for the moment, even if its just a temporary fix, so am happy to wait until 5.3 is ready for prime time. Still looking forward to this release though :)
worthers
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by worthers »

Is there any update to this. I will be needing php5.3 soon and was wondering if there were any news on producing packages for this?

Thanks
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

It looks like Ioncube put out a new version on Oct 13 and Zend Optimizer might be up to par now. That's what's been holding 5.3 up. Those are kinda important to Plesk.
scott

Unread post by scott »

yeah its easy enough to package, since there are other people (remi, etc) that have done the work, and I already resynced the atomic php 5.2. packages with the fedora 12 design. What you need to be aware of are that a lot of functions (split() for example) have been deprecated. I know for a fact that these functions are used extensively in even the most up to date of packages, like Joomla and wordpress so you will need to update your code to use 5.3 in major ways to work with it. I might package it into atomic-bleeding for folks that want to try it out, otherwise I'll be backporting more 5.3 features into 5.2 like I did with the mail logging functions in 5.2.11-3
Highland
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Is there any update as to when this might be available in bleeding or testing? And what IS the bleeding channel URL? The one in the repo that gets installed has only 2 copies of ioncube.
scott

Unread post by scott »

nobody has worked on it lately, probably wont get back to it until after ASL 2.2.6 is done
dayo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by dayo »

I know everyone has been busy with the various ASL Releases but wonder if there has been any movement on a 5.3.3 oackage.