Spamdyke 4.1 CentOS 6

Requests for RPMS, or new coding projects related to server administration, Plesk, security, or anything else you can think of.
Who-m3
New Forum User
New Forum User

Spamdyke 4.1 CentOS 6

Unread post by Who-m3 »

It's unfortunate that the latest version of Spamdyke doesn't support the MySQL Patch for psa-spamdyke. What's even more unfortunate is that since I've upgraded servers migrating to CentOS 6 from CentOS 5, I'm no longer able to have the psa-spamdyke interface, and I have problems from the 4.3.1 version fo Spamdyke. Would it be possible for you to re-compile the 4.1.0 version of Spamdyke, which worked perfectly with psa-spamdyke, to the CentOS 6 platform? I'd be fine specifically downloading that RPM directly for the install to re-acquire my Spamdyke interface.

Thanks,

-John
BruceLee
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Spamdyke 4.1 CentOS 6

Unread post by BruceLee »

I haven't moved yet but I will in the next weeks. What I can say is that the Plesk Interface psa-spamdyke is working with the latest spamdyke version 4.3.1 and mysql logging. The developer is active in another forum and posted it.

the Atomic psa-spamdyke package is a little bit outdated. You will have to do it manually.
the Atomic spamdyke package does include the mysql patch based on the source changelog.
but I don't know if any changes were done in the package of the developer from 4.X to 4.3.1 and if atomic package does include those.

latest spamdyke: 4.3.1
latest psa-spamdyke: 2.9.2

All can be found at haggybear.com to do it manually.
Who-m3
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by Who-m3 »

BruceLee wrote:All can be found at haggybear.com to do it manually.
BruceLee,

I appreciate your guidance in this issue. Unfortunately, even trying to compile the haggybear specific version from his site, I run into constant problems with missing dependancies that seem to be an endless cycle. Upon searching for the init_aton() function problem, I get linked back to three or four threads (including some here on the ART forums) that tell me that I need to install mysql-devel and some not-so-clean hacks regarding linking of files. The problem, however, is that the mysql-devel package is already installed, and the 'not-so-clean' hacks reference files that aren't there and don't appear to be part of the distribution anymore... So, unfortunately, I'm in an endless cycle for the past few weeks trying to find a way around it, how to fix it, etc.

Code: Select all

checking for MySQL (for MySQL-Logging support)... yes
checking for MySQL includes (for MySQL-Logging support)...yes 
checking for library containing inet_aton... no
configure: error: unable to compile without inet_aton()
See `config.log' for more details.
(Attempts so far to resolve: http://www.atomicorp.com/forums/viewtop ... =18&t=4830 with three different hacks/bypasses with no luck...)
Needless to say, my hair is half-missing now...
Who-m3
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by Who-m3 »

After re-trying again and again, I found a fix that worked at http://www.atomicorp.com/forums/viewtop ... 816#p27816 (modified the $LIBS="$LIBS -lmysqlclient" -- it was missing the -lssl... just FYI.

Please note, you'll need to replace the /usr/bin/spamdyke that art's rpm installs with either the linked file or the actual file from /usr/local/bin/spamdyke. I just linked it and it works great for me.

Scott, can you please close this issue as it is now resolved.

-John