Atomicorp is proud to announce the release of ASL™ 4.0.17! A next generation server security solution that addresses the unique security problems of servers. ASL 4.0.17 is an update driven by customer feedback and is part of Atomicorp’s commitment to deliver the latest product updates in one convenient installation. Atomic Secured Linux™ is the only complete solution available to secure your Redhat™, Centos™ and CloudLinux™ systems from hackers and compromise.
https://atomicorp.com/announcing-the-re ... ux-4-0-17/
To upgrade, just run these commands as root:
1) aum -uf
2) asl -s -f
This release also includes the new EL7 kernel. To install the kernel on existing el7 systems follow the steps below:
1) ASL Web->General->Kernel Channel to: tortix-kernel or tortix-kernel-xen
2) Update yum settings with: aum -u
3) yum install kernel-asl
4) (Optional) Set kernel to boot in test mode: grub2-reboot
5) Set kernel to boot: grub2-set-default 0
– Add ASL Kernel support for el7. (kernel-asl package)
– Add inode MAX_USER_WATCHES configuration setting
– Feature Request #1308, Core, Detect if a duplicate rkhunter install exists on the system
– Feature Request #1319, Core, Detect conflicting components in asl -v
– Feature Request #1342, general_check, Generate alert of FTP kernel modules are not loaded
– Feature Request #1479, ASL Web, Added visual for malware scan window to let user know malware scan is running.
– Feature Request #1643, Configuraton, enumerate kernel installation & detection of custom environments
– Feature Request #1901, Core, repair broken missing tortix-kernel.repo
– Feature Request #1927, Core, implement mod_evasive in T-WAF
– Bugfix #1529, cpanel_check, cpanel clamav socket detection
– Bugfix #1693, cpanel_check, cpanel exim support for clamav
– Bugfix #1847, ASL Web, remove cached amount from used mem in performance monitor
– Bugfix #1900, Core, create a symlink to mariadb if it doesnt exist. This is specifically a Cpanel mariadb bugfix
– Bugfix #1923, AUM, Add logic for maximum WAF engine version, and lua support in rule class context.
– Bugfix #1925, Lint for WAF_SERVER_SIGNATURE token to handle more dynamic quoted strings
– Bugfix #1926, T-WAF, ASL incorrectly reporting WAF disabled in a T-WAF only environment
– Bugfix #1943, ASL Web, Fix available for user settings update function. Now checks to see if window in array is defined before proceeding to update the settings database and update the GUI.
– Bugfix for firewall, Increase maxelem to 1048560, this handles very large hashes more gracefully
– Bugfix for AUM, delete legacy ASL malware files on update event
– Bugfix for AUM, for Plesk Debian/Ubuntu based systems conf.d directory management
– Bugfix for AUM, Fixes RBC space check from ASL Web
– Bugfix for cPanel, cpanel_check, fix systemd condition to add a startup event for pureftpd upload scanning
– Bugfix for ASL Web, Fixes saving global settings from rule manager window
– Bugfix for core engine, Configuraton, Add fix for “skip_name_resolve” in database setup
– Bugfix for cPanel, cpanel_check, httpd 2.4 fixes for json/yajl support
– Ehancement to ASL Client/server system. This is preperation for ASE and ASL V release in January.
Atomicorp announcements, new release notifications and other company and product news.