Plesk 9 and Spamdyke

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
mrhankey_ch
Forum User
Forum User

Plesk 9 and Spamdyke

Unread post by mrhankey_ch »

Hello,

As an alternative to qmail-scanner, I thought about installing spamdyke on Plesk 9...

Does anybody tried it? Is it working well?
Does a special package "psa-compatible" exist? Or does it need a manual installation (make...)?

Thanks for the informations!
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Plesk 9 and Spamdyke

Unread post by scott »

Its not an alternative to qmail-scanner, since they do different things. They play nicely with one another, it is an alternative to qgreylist though.

spamdyke is available in the [atomic] channel, and there is a web interface for it called psa-spamdyke currently in the [atomic-testing] channel.
Kalimari
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by Kalimari »

The main advantage is being able to use very strict DNSBL (e.g. zen.spamhaus.org) and customers using dynamic IP's (normally blocked) can still send e-mail if they authenticated during SMTP.

I've had mixed success with Plesk 9. When it worked, it worked REALLY well and reduced the load on qmail-scanner/CPU as it has to deal with fewer messages. Got ART qmail-scanner/spamdyke running, although the qmail service was always shown as stopped under the Services management. After a while (usually overnight) e-mail stopped being delivered and qmail was shown as running again. Restarted xinetd (sometimes also needed to remove spamdyke entries from /etc/xinetd.d/smtp*) and mail delivery would continue. I guess that Plesk was restarting qmail service and breaking itself.

I tried a lot of different configuration settings, but have given up for now, I will investigate again once Plesk 9 is more mature.
scott

Unread post by scott »

Man, thats really good followup, I'll keep that in mind when we're testing it out here internally. Crazy bug there
mrhankey_ch
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by mrhankey_ch »

Hello, any new issue with Spamdyke and Plesk 9?
Or does it seem to work well?
Thanks!