last stable asl

Requests for RPMS, or new coding projects related to server administration, Plesk, security, or anything else you can think of.
aus-city
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

last stable asl

Unread post by aus-city »

Scott,

Any chance of running a F11 build of the last stable asl (not beta with c rewrite) or supply the srpm as it will be obsoleted by the beta due to release of F11 soon?
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: last stable asl

Unread post by scott »

Im not sure yet, the FC11 build environment is not compatible with mock running under el5 (its the deltarpm system I think), so there will likely be dedicated fedora and/or suse build systems to handle that. The good news is were sort of growing into a distributed build model anyway. It takes a very very long time to build even moderate sized packages on the build server now.

The srpms (which I dont actually build from incidentally!) will not be made generally available. However, the right place to ask that question is via sales@atomicorp.com rather than the forums. We are considering allowing OEM type licensing of the technology.
aus-city
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks Scott.

I assume your still building F11 full set of packages in the meantime anyway? I seen asl 2.0-7 in testing :)

A seperated OS build system is probably very good idea as builds are faster not to mention most packages I found build well on Fedora due to it's current library of packages.

Anyway I will email sales as I build a lot of Fedora packages now so it may be of some help to you.
scott

Unread post by scott »

Right now there is no FC11 mock environment that will work under CentOS5, which is why we'll probably need separate build server(s) for it. It was working up until the newer presto/delta rpm system came around a few months ago.
aus-city
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Any chance it will be fixed before FC11 release? Its now in final pre-release test (beta test is finished), 28 days and counting to final release.
scott

Unread post by scott »

I couldn't say, this is a mock issue so the ball is kind of in their court right now.