Plesk 10 / mailman [BUG]

Community support for Plesk, CPanel, WebMin and others with insight from two of the founders of Plesk. Ask for help here! No question is too simple or complicated. :-)
jpkelly
Forum User
Forum User

Plesk 10 / mailman [BUG]

Unread post by jpkelly »

I have found that when a customer in Plesk wants to change the password to administer a list via the mailman web interface, the new password does not work. If a new mailing list is created via Plesk the password entered during creation does work, but subsequent changes to the password via Plesk do not change the mailman web admin password.
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Plesk 10 / mailman [BUG]

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Interesting, I wonder where the bug lies, what happens if you change it from the command line:

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/change_pw --domain=example.com --password=new_password
jpkelly
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by jpkelly »

mikeshinn wrote:Interesting, I wonder where the bug lies, what happens if you change it from the command line:

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/change_pw --domain=example.com --password=new_password
Yes that works. Although that is on a per domain basis, where the Plesk interface looks like it is on a per email address basis.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

jpkelly wrote:I have found that when a customer in Plesk wants to change the password to administer a list via the mailman web interface, the new password does not work. If a new mailing list is created via Plesk the password entered during creation does work, but subsequent changes to the password via Plesk do not change the mailman web admin password.
Have you reported this to Parallels as well?
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
jpkelly
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by jpkelly »

breun wrote:
jpkelly wrote:I have found that when a customer in Plesk wants to change the password to administer a list via the mailman web interface, the new password does not work. If a new mailing list is created via Plesk the password entered during creation does work, but subsequent changes to the password via Plesk do not change the mailman web admin password.
Have you reported this to Parallels as well?
I posted this in their forum. Not sure how to send a bug report.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

I've used bugreport@parallels.com in the past. Notifying users via forums is also fine of course, but maybe less likely to get to the right people.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management