php-fpm on multiple php versions

Support/Development for PHP
DarkF@der
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

php-fpm on multiple php versions

Unread post by DarkF@der »

Hello,

I have installed php-fpm on plesk and it's using nucleus repo.
I also installed atomic-php55 and atomic-php55 also the php-pfm packets.

But when i switch in plesk to use php-fpm i can only use the 5.3 php-fpm package.
I like to use it also on 5.4 and 5.5 if a client set there hosting to use 5.4 and enabling to use php-fpm then his account switching back to php-fpm 5.3 i want if they choose using php atomic-php54 that it also use the atomic-php54-php-fpm package.

how to fix this

Greetz
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: php-fpm on multiple php versions

Unread post by scott »

Thats a great question, I don't use fpm myself so its not anything Ive ever tried
DarkF@der
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

scott wrote:Thats a great question, I don't use fpm myself so its not anything Ive ever tried

ok :lol: anyone else ????
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

I'm curious -- what are the benefits? I've read what it says on the php-fpm page, but it doesn't help me understand.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
prupert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Unread post by prupert »

faris wrote:I'm curious -- what are the benefits? I've read what it says on the php-fpm page, but it doesn't help me understand.
It has best of both worlds from running PHP under Apache mod_php or FastCGI, though I wouldn't recommend using it in a shared hosting environment with Plesk, it is ideal for web servers with PHP applications.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
DarkF@der
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

prupert wrote:
faris wrote:I'm curious -- what are the benefits? I've read what it says on the php-fpm page, but it doesn't help me understand.
It has best of both worlds from running PHP under Apache mod_php or FastCGI, though I wouldn't recommend using it in a shared hosting environment with Plesk, it is ideal for web servers with PHP applications.
The main advantage of using PHP-FPM is that it uses less memory and CPU as compared to any other standalone applications. It also daemonizes PHP, there by turning it into a background process while providing a command-line like script for managing various PHP processes.
scott

Unread post by scott »

So basically it makes sense if you have are using this for a single user account.