qmail-scanner fails with maildrop and psa-courier-imap

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

qmail-scanner fails with maildrop and psa-courier-imap

Unread post by Galactic Zero »

Seems Plesk 12..5.30's version of psa-courier-imap is incompatable with maildrop. Is the newest version of maildrop-2.8.3 comparable with psa-coruier-imap and will allow qmail-scanner to install?

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/bin/makedat from install of maildrop-2.5.2-1.el6.art.x86_64 conflicts with file from package psa-courier-imap-4.16.1-centos6.15081914.x86_64

I've tried to install maildrop-2.8.3.tar.bz2 using sudo rpmbuild -ta and it coughs up dependence errors once of which is courier-unidoce which is installed as psa-courier-imap and there are two other errors.

I've not been able to find an RPM of maildrop 2.8.3 already biult, anyone have a clue? Scott, will the qmail-scanner package be updated soon? I've not seen it in testing as I would have installed that.

Thanks.
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: qmail-scanner fails with maildrop and psa-courier-imap

Scott, Mike or anyone else have a suggestion of how I can resolve this so I can get qmail-scanner installed? Should I erase psa-courier-imap and install just courier-imap? will I break anything if I do this?

Scott, is there an updated version of this coming down the pipe?

I thought there was at one time a version of ASL that we could install that was several updates out...

Thanks,
Franklyn
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Nothing to see here, this is not the post you're looking for....
Last edited by Galactic Zero on Mon May 23, 2016 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

NM... found the rpm..... tired. missing stuff.
Franklyn Halamka
Still learning my way around Linux Security.
http://www.galacticzero.net
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Will installing courier-unicode-devel and it's associated packages break psa-courier-unidoce?
Franklyn Halamka
Still learning my way around Linux Security.
http://www.galacticzero.net
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Ok, I was able to rpmbuild the maildrop package and now when I go to install it I get this:

rpm -ivh maildrop-2.8.3-2.x86_64.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
file /usr/bin/deliverquota from install of maildrop-2.8.3-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package psa-courier-imap-4.16.1-centos6.15081914.x86_64
file /usr/bin/maildirmake from install of maildrop-2.8.3-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package psa-courier-imap-4.16.1-centos6.15081914.x86_64
file /usr/bin/makedat from install of maildrop-2.8.3-2.x86_64 conflicts with file from package psa-courier-imap-4.16.1-centos6.15081914.x86_64
[root@marvin x86_64]#

I've installed the courier-unicode-devel packages, do I need to now install just courier-imap and will I break my system having both psa-courier-imap and courier-imap installed?

would really like some feedback please.
Thanks.
Galactic Zero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Chatted with Scott today and he kindly fixed the qmail-scanner issue and it installed and is now playing nice with Plesk 12.5.x

Big thank you Scott.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

Thanks for digging into this GZ. I have a customer who wants to stick to qmail on 12.5 and this will make his life easier.

It hadn't occurred to me that there would be an issue.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>