I would like to install the atomic rpms...

Support/Development for PHP
moonshield

I would like to install the atomic rpms...

Unread post by moonshield »

Hello,

I installed the 'Official PHP RPMs' instead of the Atomic ones.

How would I go about installing the Atomic one's over them? When I try to run yum I receive a message saying that everything is already upgraded.

Thank you.
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

make sure youve got the [atomic] channel in your yum.conf. Otherwise thats the only thing you'd need to change
moonshield

I have the atomic channel in my yum.conf. It still does not work, is there a way to force with yum?
scott

Unread post by scott »

no not really, if you've got [atomic] in there, and updates arent working, then Id say something else is wrong. The most likely culprit is a configuration issue. You should have your yum.conf configured from here:

http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/
moonshield

well, the php ones i installed are of a newer version, but they really dont work with plesk too well. I believe that I now have yum confgured properly.

Is there anyway I could install these atomic rpms by hand? Or is there some process yum goes through instead?

Thank you.
moonshield

okay I will clarify, I have Fedora Core 2 as my OS... And the version listed on this site is a release .01 older then the one I have... I would like to use the atomic version. How can I work this out.

Thanks.
moonshield

Finished PHP now PLesk

Okay, PHP is now installed but to install that I had to remove the Plesk RPM... I then proceeded to download it from this site but now I receive the following error when I try to login to Plesk,

Code: Select all

ERROR  	
StatInfo->getProductVersion failed: file_get_contents() failed: Empty error message from utility.
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:2 psaerror(string "StatInfo->getProductVersion failed: file_get_contents() failed: Empty error message from utility.")
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/login.php3:7 getproductnameversion()
scott

Unread post by scott »

you shouldnt have to remove the psa rpm, php doesnt really have anything with that. At most its a dependency.
moonshield

first off, thank you for taking the time to help me Scott.

but I already uninstalled the psa rpm(yum told me to as php was a dependency), how do i set it back up again, so I dont get the error i am getting?
scott

Unread post by scott »

Ouch, well the PSA rpm is very unfriendly when it comes to reinstalls. You basically have to remove everything, and treat it like a new install. Then restore all your old settings and data from backup.
moonshield

remove everything? everything plesk? Okay...

but how do I redo the mysql database? Thanks
scott

Unread post by scott »

Fast way, just blow away the /var/lib/mysql directory after you remove the mysql rpms