Subversion (latest version)

Requests for RPMS, or new coding projects related to server administration, Plesk, security, or anything else you can think of.
moltar
New Forum User
New Forum User

Subversion (latest version)

Unread post by moltar »

Hi,

I'm on CenOS 4.5, and the latest package that's available via yum is 1.1.4, which is now 2 years old. It's clearly very out of date. I was wondering if ART is going to have a newer version available?

Thanks!
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Unread post by scott »

never really considered it. Im sort of toying with the source code system Im going to use here, either Subversion, or GIT. Depending on which one I decide to go with, I'll make rpms for. At the moment, Im leaning toward GIT.
moltar
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by moltar »

Subversion seems to be the choice for majority of people. There is also a nice little tutorial available on how to set it up with Plesk:

http://alexle.net/archives/138
scott

Unread post by scott »

Im not sure its what I need for a projects like ART and ASL. Ive been working with it a bit, and it seems more in tune with running collaborative environments like Ive got. It also does away with the centralized model used by Subversion and CVS that make them such a pain in the ass to maintain.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

You can get Subversion 1.4 packages at Dag/RPMForge.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
moltar
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by moltar »

Can you please explain? Thanks :)
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

There is another popular yum repository for Fedora/CentOS/Red Hat servers that has subversion and mod_dav_svn packages available. See http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/FAQ.php#B for instructions on how to add this repository (you can use the RHEL4 version on CentOS4).

I have found that there is one package in that repository you need to exclude, because it clashes with one of the SWsoft supplied packages. Edit /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo and add the following at the bottom:

Code: Select all

exclude=perl-Apache-ASP
After that you can run 'yum install subversion mod_dav_svn' to install the 1.4 versions on your server.
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
moltar
New Forum User
New Forum User

Unread post by moltar »

Thanks! That's totally helped! Awesome.