qmail Plesk 8.3 problem?

Requests for RPMS, or new coding projects related to server administration, Plesk, security, or anything else you can think of.
naseer6679
New Forum User
New Forum User

qmail Plesk 8.3 problem?

Unread post by naseer6679 »

Hi,
I am not able to send mails from my plesk server to some of the domains . I can see following error in the log.
failure: This_address_no_longer_accepts_mail.
I have stopped drwebd service.Plesk is up to date.
I get following mailer daemon mail.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at linuxdb2.batelco.com.bh.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<xyz@xyz.com.bh>:
This address no longer accepts mail.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.
Thanking you.
Regards,
Naseer Khan.
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

That particular error normally means that

1) the email address does not exist in qmail's configuration
2) You have selected the "reply with the following message" option in Plesk for non-existant emails for those domains.

So, the first thing to do would be to check to make sure those email addresses you are sending to really exist in qmail's config.

look in /var/qmail/mailnames/[domain-name.tld]/ where you should find a directory for each email address. If the one you are sending to does not exist then this is the cause of the problem.

If it does exist then.....I'll leave it to someone else to suggest the next step. I don't know why qmail would not be able to traverse its own directories unless they were not owned by popuser.popuser or whatver they are normally owned by for your linux distribution.

Faris.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>