Problem upgrading to PHP 5.3 from Plesk autoinstaller

Support/Development for PHP
mandi22
Forum User
Forum User

Problem upgrading to PHP 5.3 from Plesk autoinstaller

Unread post by mandi22 »

After selecting the version 5.3 the autoinstaller downloads the necessary files but suddenly fails with:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Unable to proceed with the installation until the package php-ioncube-loader-1:3.3.20-1.el5.art.x86_64 is removed from the system.
Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
I tried removing the package, but it is a dependency and requires to remove completely my psa so I halt the operation.

Even tried to upgrade the package but the yum update php-ioncube-loader does not process anything.

an rpm install was also not possible:

rpm -ivh http://www6.atomicorp.com/channels/atomic/centos/5/x86_64/RPMS/php-ioncube-loader-4.0.5-1.el5.art.x86_64.rpm
Retrieving http://www6.atomicorp.com/channels/atomic/centos/5/x86_64/RPMS/php-ioncube-loader-4.0.5-1.el5.art.x86_64.rpm
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
        file /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/README.txt from install of php-ioncube-loader-4.0.5-1.el5.art.x86_64 conflicts with file from package php-ioncube-loader-3.3.20-1.el5.art.x86_64
        file /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so from install of php-ioncube-loader-4.0.5-1.el5.art.x86_64 conflicts with file from package php-ioncube-loader-3.3.20-1.el5.art.x86_64
        file /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so from install of php-ioncube-loader-4.0.5-1.el5.art.x86_64 conflicts with file from package php-ioncube-loader-3.3.20-1.el5.art.x86_64
        file /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.0.so from install of php-ioncube-loader-4.0.5-1.el5.art.x86_64 conflicts with file from package php-ioncube-loader-3.3.20-1.el5.art.x86_64
        file /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.1.so from install of php-ioncube-loader-4.0.5-1.el5.art.x86_64 conflicts with file from package php-ioncube-loader-3.3.20-1.el5.art.x86_64
        file /usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so from install of php-ioncube-loader-4.0.5-1.el5.art.x86_64 conflicts with file from package php-ioncube-loader-3.3.20-1.el5.art.x86_64

Any one can suggest a solution!? Thank you

Running Plesk 10.3.1

PHP 5.2.17 (cli) (built: Jan 7 2011 10:39:29)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.6-svn358-dev, Copyright (c) 2004-2007 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.3.20, Copyright (c) 2002-2010, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9, Copyright (c) 1998-2009, by Zend Technologies
with Suhosin v0.9.29, Copyright (c) 2007, by SektionEins GmbH

on CentOS 2.6.18-274.3.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Sep 6 20:13:52 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
scott
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Problem upgrading to PHP 5.3 from Plesk autoinstaller

Unread post by scott »

Try upgrading it with yum instead. You're invoking a manual "install" event rather than an "upgrade", which treats the package as new rather than pathed-same.
mandi22
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by mandi22 »

scott wrote:Try upgrading it with yum instead. You're invoking a manual "install" event rather than an "upgrade", which treats the package as new rather than pathed-same.
Hey Scott,
Thx for replying.
I did a yum clean all to remove all headers.
Runned a yum update and the list does not show the php-ioncube-loader

this is how my atomic.repo looks like:

cat /etc/yum.repos.d/atomic.repo
# Name: Atomic Rocket Turtle RPM Repository for CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 -
# URL: http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/
# Note: This isn't covered by ASL support. -Scott
[atomic]
name = CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - atomicrocketturtle.com
mirrorlist = http://www.atomicorp.com/mirrorlist/atomic/centos-5-$basearch
#mirrorlist = http://www.atomicorp.com/channels/atomic/centos/5/mirrors-atomic
enabled = 1
priority = 1
protect = 0
gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY.art.txt
gpgcheck = 1

# Almost Stable, release candidates for [atomic]
# Note these are not supported by anyone. -Scott
[atomic-testing]
name = CentOS / Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - atomicrocketturtle.com - (Testing)
mirrorlist = http://www.atomicorp.com/mirrorlist/atomic-testing/centos-5-$basearch
enabled = 0
priority = 1
protect = 0
gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY.art.txt
gpgcheck = 1
running: CentOS release 5.7 (Final)
mandi22
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by mandi22 »

Any help`?
yun upgrade php-ioncube-loader.* does not do anything...
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

If you select PHP 5.3 in the Plesk autoinstaller on EL5 then the php53-* packages will be installed, not the PHP 5.3 php-* packages from Atomic. I'm not sure which of these two PHP distributions you intend to use, you might have some packages mixed up right now.

I'd start by getting an overview of what PHP packages you have installed right now. What is the output of rpm -qa | grep ^php | sort?
Lemonbit Internet Dedicated Server Management
mandi22
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by mandi22 »

breun wrote:If you select PHP 5.3 in the Plesk autoinstaller on EL5 then the php53-* packages will be installed, not the PHP 5.3 php-* packages from Atomic. I'm not sure which of these two PHP distributions you intend to use, you might have some packages mixed up right now.

I'd start by getting an overview of what PHP packages you have installed right now. What is the output of rpm -qa | grep ^php | sort?
I have the ones from atomic,
rpm -qa | grep ^php | sort
php-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-cli-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-common-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-devel-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-devel-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-eaccelerator-5.2.17_0.9.6.1-1.el5.art
php-gd-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-imap-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-ioncube-loader-3.3.20-1.el5.art
php-ldap-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-mbstring-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-mcrypt-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-mysql-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-pdo-5.2.17-1.el5.art
php-pear-1.7.2-2.el5.art
php-xml-5.2.17-1.el5.art

The problem is I need to switch to the ones of packages of PSA but
the autoninstaller issues the following.
ERROR: Unable to proceed with the installation until the package php-ioncube-loader-1:3.3.20-1.el5.art.x86_64 is removed from the system.
Attempting to remove the php-ioncube-loader-3.3.20-1.el5.art will attempt to remove the dependencies of PSA as well.
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

mandi22 wrote:The problem is I need to switch to the ones of packages of PSA
Do you need to or do you want to? Plesk doesn't distribute PHP packages. You can use either the packages of your Linux distribution, EL5 has both php-* packages for PHP 5.1 and php53-* packages for PHP 5.3, or you can use a third party repository like Atomic which has php-* packages for PHP 5.3 at the moment.
mandi22 wrote:but the autoninstaller issues the following.
Attempting to remove the php-ioncube-loader-3.3.20-1.el5.art will attempt to remove the dependencies of PSA as well.
If you no longer want to use the Atomic PHP packages I'd remove the php-ioncube-loader package using 'rpm -e --nodeps php-ioncube-loader'. Running the Plesk autoinstaller might install their ioncube loader package, or you might need to that manually yourself. Note that the EL5 PHP packages for PHP 5.3 are named php53-*, so they won't automatically been seen as upgrades to the currently installed php-* packages.
mandi22
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by mandi22 »

Thx for the attention and the message.
Ples 10.4. offers a PHP5.3 support and the ability to jump to PHP5.3. That is when I ment packages from PLESK.
I will try to update by removing first the ioncube ignoring dependencies.

One more question: if php53-* are installed through EL5, does that count as an upgrade to the PHP? or is it a separate PHP compilation (well, looks like this second). Will Plesk recognize it somehow for the domains?
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

I think I understand. You are confusing Plesk's "php 5.3 support" with actually installing php 5.3.

I understand where you are coming from -- in the Plesk installer, it seems as though you have to select the "php 5.3 support" option in order to get Plesk to work with php 5.3.

This is not actually the case.

If you select that "php 5.3 support" option in the Installer, Plesk will attempt to install php53* from EL5, and this will cause problems for you because you have the php 5.2 ART rpms (php-*) installed.

You can still run 5.3 with Plesk 10 if you do not select that option. It does not configure Plesk in any special way. It simply tries to install php53-* from EL5.

What you really need to do is upgrade to 5.3 from the ART repo. You can do this before you upgrade to Plesk 10, and I think in this case you need to.

Once you have 5.3 installed, you can install/upgrade Plesk. You do not need to select the "php 5.3" support option when you do so. In fact you should not select it.

*** Please can someone confirm what I'm saying is true and accurate? I'm not actually 100% sure of my facts here.

*** Mandi22 -- don't do anything until someone has confirmed, or says what I'm telling you isn't correct.

I seem to remember a similar option in the Plesk installer mentioning MySQL 5.5 or something like that? I *think* that again this isn't an option that configures plesk in some special way to support 5.5, but instead simply caused 5.5 to be installed.

Again, please can someone confirm?
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

mandi22 wrote:Ples 10.4. offers a PHP5.3 support and the ability to jump to PHP5.3. That is when I ment packages from PLESK.
I just wanted to clarify that those packages are not distributed by Plesk, but by your Linux distribution vendor. Any particular reason you're not just upgrading to the latest Atomic PHP 5.3 packages?
mandi22 wrote:One more question: if php53-* are installed through EL5, does that count as an upgrade to the PHP? or is it a separate PHP compilation (well, looks like this second). Will Plesk recognize it somehow for the domains?
Yum won't see it as an upgrade, so you'll have to remove the Atomic php-* packages and then install the php53-* packages yourself if you go that route. I'm not sure if the Plesk autoinstaller will automatically handle a smooth transition from php-* to php53-*, but it seems this is not the case. :)
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

faris wrote:*** Please can someone confirm what I'm saying is true and accurate? I'm not actually 100% sure of my facts here.
AFAIK what you said is correct.
faris wrote:I seem to remember a similar option in the Plesk installer mentioning MySQL 5.5 or something like that? I *think* that again this isn't an option that configures plesk in some special way to support 5.5, but instead simply caused 5.5 to be installed.

Again, please can someone confirm?
Also correct.
mandi22
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by mandi22 »

faris wrote: What you really need to do is upgrade to 5.3 from the ART repo. You can do this before you upgrade to Plesk 10, and I think in this case you need to.
Faris thank you for the reply and for the nice warning.
By the quote above you mean

yum upgrade php* 
. This is not updating...
So is

yum install php53*
breun
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by breun »

Just running yum update should have offered you to update to the Atomic PHP 5.3 php-* packages. What is the output of yum check-update? Has /etc/yum.repos.d/atomic.repo maybe been altered to exclude certain packages?
scott

Unread post by scott »

Yeah either the repo isnt enabled, or youve got exclude lines in there.