psa-spamdyke and 10.4

Forum for getting help with Project Gamera, Spamassassin, Clamav, qmail-scanner and other anti-spam tools.
jmackenz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

psa-spamdyke and 10.4

Unread post by jmackenz »

Hello,

Last night I upgraded to 10.4

It broke my spamdyke.

I have tried yum remove and reinstall

I have removed, switched to postfix, switched back to qmail , mchk , added through yum and no change.

anyone have any thoughts?
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Re: psa-spamdyke and 10.4

Unread post by faris »

It works fine with 10.4 (and qmail), but during the upgrade process I would expect the config files it plugs into will get overwritten.

What exactly doesn't work?

check /etc/xinted.d/smtp_psa and check that the main config line starts something like -Rt0 /path-to-spamydke/spamdyke -f /path-to-config/spamndyke.conf (then other stuff) (note that yours may be a little different)

The smtp_psa (and possibly smtps_psa) are the only config files that get changed when spamdyke gets installed. It is possible something is preventing this following your upgrade? Altering the dns blocklists within the control panel, for example, can cause spamdyke config lines to be removed (and this is no big deal because you don't want to use both).
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
jmackenz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thanks, that was it, just needed to reference it back in again in those two files and restart xinetd.

Glad I jumped on here and asked before I started going nuts looking everywhere
faris
Long Time Forum Regular
Long Time Forum Regular

Unread post by faris »

That's really great! I'm glad I was able to help.
--------------------------------
<advert>
If you want to rent a UK-based VPS that comes with friendly advice and support from a fellow ART fan, please get in touch.
</advert>
jmackenz
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Sorry to drag up an old topic, however when this occurred , I got spamdyke working again, but have no spamassassin... any hints on how to postscan with SA afterSpamDyke?