mod_suphp availability for CentOS 6.x

Support/Development for PHP
joris
New Forum User
New Forum User

mod_suphp availability for CentOS 6.x

Unread post by joris »

Dear people,

In the CentOS 6 version of the atomic repo no package for mod_suphp can be found. Since we are using mod_suphp as a standard for suid php, a atomic package for CentOS 6 (like there was for CentOS 5) would be very welcome.

I have took the liberty of installing the mod_suphp-0.7.1-1.art.src.rpm, adding the line "%{?el6: %define apr /usr/bin/apr-1-config }", building the x86_64 rpm and installing it. All of this on CentOS 6 and have not found any problems during this. Note that not the actualy operational functioning of the installed mod_suphp has been tested yet, but can be if this is whished for.

My question is if there is any motivation or specific thoughts behind not having mod_suphp for CentOS 6 anymore and/or if it would be possible at all to add this package for CentOS 6?

I am aware that "alternatives" to mod_suphp are available (and in the atomic repo) as fcgid and ruid2. Transition to these packages is possible, but since the large scale deployment of suphp this wouldn't be a short-term project. I am also aware we could use our own build packages from the atomic SRPMS, use another (non-atomic) repo or build from source. But these are mere second best alternatives to having it in atomic.

Thanks for the effort and/or extra information,

Joris