Is asl-rules-only still supported? (asl-lite alternatives?)

Customer support forums for the modsecurity rules feed. There is no such thing as a bad question here as long as it pertains to using the real time modsecurity rules feed. Newbies feel free to get help getting started or asking questions that may be obvious.
sOliver
Forum User
Forum User

Is asl-rules-only still supported? (asl-lite alternatives?)

Unread post by sOliver »

I have subscriptions to the rules-set but dont want to deploy the full ASL yet - is the script "asl-rules-only" still supported or only the full ASL script?

What do you recommend should previous ASL-lite users use now?

Thank you
Oliver
mikeshinn
Atomicorp Staff - Site Admin

Re: Is asl-rules-only still supported? (asl-lite alternative

Unread post by mikeshinn »

I have subscriptions to the rules-set but dont want to deploy the full ASL yet - is the script "asl-rules-only" still supported or only the full ASL script?
Not quite sure what you are asking, there isnt an asl-rules-only script (and never has been). Our modsecurity rules are definitely supported, if thats what you mean, and I'm not sure what you mean by the "full ASL script". Did you mean is the Atomic Secured Linux Unified Threat Manager supported, if so then yes that is also supported.

Or were you asking about something else?
sOliver
Forum User
Forum User

Unread post by sOliver »

I am aware that you no longer support asl-lite, nonetheless I do not want the full ASL

I have purchased the yearly rules subscription but when I run asl-lite to retrieve the latest rules I get:
Error: ASL Version list could not be retrieved. This could be caused by a DNSresolution problem on www.atomicorp.com, or your IP could be blocked.
Can you at least make sure the DNS resolution works?

Thanks
mikeshinn

Unread post by mikeshinn »

Thats actually happening because asl-lite doesnt support the update clusters, and its a very old unsupported piece of software that doesnt know why its not able to get the VERSION file. The error message is wrong. Its just not connecting to the update clusters.